STREAMLINE YOUR TEAM'S
Are you frustrated with chasing down information within your organization (Guess what - your team is frustrated too!)
Do your customers complain that the
"right-hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing?"
A Team Communication Strategy will save your organization
time, money, and reputation!
WHAT IS A TEAM COMMUNICATION STRATEGY?
If you are frustrated with chasing communication, tools, information, and resources in your team, your team members are frustrated too. Whether you work in across the hall, across town, or across the country, improving team communication is key to a successful organization, improved workflow, and workplace productivity.
By creating a Team Communication Strategy, you will be able to eliminate hundreds of hours in ineffective meetings and communications. Not to mention, when communication doesn't flow with ease from team member to team member, it can cost your organization time, money, and reputation. If you've ever heard the expression "the right-hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing" - you know that your client experience depends on the effective communication of your team.
What is a Team Communication Strategy?
A Team Communication Strategy is a map of how, when, and where your team shares information and data. The strategy should help provide the right information to the right person at the right time, in a format that works for them.
Having a Team Communication Strategy Will:
- Help keep remote team members engaged and informed
- Document a "standard operations procedure" on what tools are used and when
- Create a "pull" system of work, rather than a "push" (team members no longer need to wait around for their 'next assignment')
- Improves team decision making
- Outlines expectations regarding response times, project completion status, and answers the question of "what are you working on?"
- Establish roles and responsibilities
Benefits of Building a Team Communication Strategy:
- Reduce costs by eliminating overlapping collaboration tools.
- Increase productivity by leveraging the most powerful features of each application.
- Decrease data loss and leakage through faster searchability and access to communications.
- A much more effective collaboration process which reduces meeting time and confusion.
- Operational consistency and harmony. (can you say happy and productive team?!)
- Reduced stress and increased sanity through reduced notifications and truly being able to "shut off" after hours
GET YOUR COMMUNICATION DUCKS IN A ROW!
Avoid needless frustration by setting communication goals, identifying stakeholders, choosing methods of communication, and frequency of information. If you want projects to be completed successfully and on time, make sure you know how to create an effective communication plan.
SCHEDULE YOUR TEAM COMMUNICATION STRATEGY SESSION TODAY!
This program provides your team the opportunity to gap the communication bridge, be mindful about how, when, and where to share information, and get on one page once and for all. This will ultimately help you move projects forward, serve customers timely and efficiently, and smooth out communication issues. When you are equipped with a plan, your team members will know right away when, how, and with whom to communicate.
This program includes:
1-Hour Team Discovery Session - This is preferably with the leaders of the organization, or key players on your team. Together, we will discuss your communication goals, your organization's current process, what's working, and what's not.
2-Hour Strategy Session with your team - During this work session, we will identify current stakeholders, information that is currently shared, identify processes, and together we will develop your team's communication strategy.
Tools, worksheets, and resources to guide your team members to identify their current communication tools and techniques, as well as documentation and standard operating procedure of their new communication strategy.
Tips and Strategies for Implementation - I will be with your team every step of the way as they implement their new communication strategy, and provide best practices.
Follow-up recap call with 1-3 Organizational Leaders to review process, troubleshoot challenges and revise strategy if needed.